Friday, September 15, 2006

Six months


Six months. In six months I will have taken the USMLE step 1. I will go home, pack my bags, and get on a plane. In six months I will be in Southeast Asia.

I will swim with fluorescent algae. I will push my arms through the water and watch as their outline of my arm glows green/blue and then fades. I will get out of the water and watch the drops fall clear and splash brightly against the sand. It will be like cold, liquid fire.

Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia. Two months between the USMLE and Clinicals in New York. My backpack, my roommate, and the $4000 I didn't spend on a Kaplan course.

Southeast Asia. Six months.

Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.